Novo55 provides a wide and comprehensive range of structural design and inspection services for a range of customers. This is important for ensuring that buildings are structurally sound by putting in place supportive walls and beams. In order to achieve this we must carry out a major structural design investigation using either residential calculations or commercial calculations to establish what is needed.
Domestic structural design can cover any of the following...
- Loft conversions including floor joist calculations and lintel calculations
- Beam design to allow wall removal
- Roof designs including flat roof calculations and steel beam calculations
- New build designs covering foundations, floors, lintels, roofs and timber frames
In addition to the above we can advise on geotechnical matters, drainage, soakaways and planning/access matters. As qualified charted engineers we also provide a design checking service.
We carry out structural surveys for house buyers, mortgage companies and for insurance purposes. Our structural survey reports are comprehensive and include recommendations for remedial work. We can also provide budget estimates for the work if required.
Commercial structural design can cover any of the following...
- Steel framed buildings
- Portal framed buildings
- Foundations including raft, strip, pad and piled
- Reinforced concrete beams, slabs and portals
All design work is carried out using the latest industry standard software and our designs conform to the relevant British Standard or Eurocode. We can also offer commercial structural calculations when required.
We have a wide range of clients including private individuals, architects, property developers and contractors. Some of our current clients in this area are listed below.
- Ringway Infrastructure Services NE
- A&G Design
- Newman Developments, Two Castles Housing
- RWO Associates
- MRM Architectural Services
- BT Bell Consulting
- Edwards Architects
- Ian Hogg Joinery
- Steven Kirk Architectural Services
- 3E Consulting Engineers Ltd
- Christopher Brummitt Architecture
- Enterprise Architectural Services
- Crawford Higgins Associates
- Tony Watt Architect
- Design and Materials ltd
- Datum (North East)
- North East Architectural Plans